This in-vehicle Battery Charger is the next generation in REDARC’s DC to DC charging technology, with additional features that make it the most advanced dual battery charger on the market.
Featuring a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, the BCDC1240D will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously. With built-in ‘Green Power Priority’ it will select solar charging first, meaning less load on the alternator.
Suitable for 12 or 24-volt vehicle systems, the unit will also work with either standard or variable/smart alternators.
The BCDC1240D also comes with patented charging profiles, including a lithium charging profile. The ‘Dual’ input range will continue to charge all other types of batteries including AGM, GEL, standard lead acid and calcium.
As a guide, the BCDC1240D is used for battery bank sizes over 200AH. For smaller batteries of 75-200AH REDARC recommends the BCDC1225D.
Proven and Tested
The award-winning technology in the BCDC has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximised, charging your battery to a proven 100%.
Built in Australia, the DC to DC battery charger will work in the extreme heat of up to 80°C and can handle deep water crossings.
– water, dust and vibration are no match for this charger.
Separate DC and solar charging inputs
Maximises the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and LiFePO4 batteries
Why use the BCDC1240 over a Voltage Sensing Relay?
1. If the distance between your start and auxiliary batteries is significant, the voltage drop across a long cable run can be enough to prevent your auxiliary battery charging. The BCDC1240 will increase lower voltages (minimum 9V) up to the required charging voltage.
2. The BCDC is also 3 stage charger so it will charge your battery perfectly. Most VSR charging systems only charge batteries up to around 85%.
3. The BCDC1240 will adjust the charging voltage based to the type of battery installed (e.g. Gel / AGM / VRLA).
4. Unlike VSRs, the BCDC1240 will charge 12V batteries from a 24V vehicle bank.
Input: 9 – 32V DC
Efficiency: Typically 95%
Output Current: 40A nominal
Output Power (max): 600W
No Load Current: <100mA
Standby Current: <8mA
Dimensions (mm): 165 x 120 x 37